Handmade Hero»Forums»HandmadeCon
Christopher
17 posts
Is There Going to be a HandmadeCon 2017?
I've been a bit behind on videos, so sorry if I missed any announcements in the stream.
I went to and loved the last 2 Handmade Cons, which were around about this time of year.
Is there going to be a Handmade Con this year or is it on hiatus or cancelled permanently?
Abner Coimbre
320 posts
Founder
chebertapps
Is there going to be a Handmade Con this year or is it on hiatus or cancelled permanently?

There won't be a Handmade Con this year so MollyRocket may focus on its upcoming video game, 1935. It certainly isn't cancelled permanently, and if I recall it may return full throttle on 2018!
Martin Fouilleul
39 posts / 2 projects
PhD student at Ircam, doing research on programming languages for temporal interaction. Former sound engineer and computer music designer.
By the way, is anyone interested in joining efforts to organize something similar in europe ? That would be great !
Christopher
17 posts
Ahh, that's two counts of great news. Thanks!
Tristan Dannenberg
16 posts
forkingpaths
By the way, is anyone interested in joining efforts to organize something similar in europe ? That would be great !

I would love to help. However, I'm not sure I can, given my lack of industry connections (and money, for that matter). I do have a professor specializing in high performance computing whose brain I've been meaning to pick for a while now, though...
Črtomir
2 posts
teryror
forkingpaths

I would love to help. However, I'm not sure I can, given my lack of industry connections (and money, for that matter). I do have a professor specializing in high performance computing whose brain I've been meaning to pick for a while now, though...

I'd be interested in helping organizing an event in Europe as well - I do have some organizational experiences and I also know some industry folk here so maybe that would be doable? :D
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
I will not be organizing another HandmadeCon. If others would like to do so, they are definitely welcome to! The "Handmade" name is sort of more attached to Handmade Network now anyway and is broader than Handmade Hero so it would make sense for it to be a more general conference I suspect.

- Casey
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
cmuratori
I will not be organizing another HandmadeCon.

HandmadeCon was fantastic. It is the best conference I have ever been to and it was a pleasure to meet everyone from the community. The talks were great and very well organized.

This is either incredibly sad news, or an opportunity for someone (:cough: Abner :cough) to pick it up and continue the conference. I've been looking forward to the next one since the day I left Seattle.
Simon Anciaux
1335 posts
@cmuratori : If someone else would organize it, would you do the interviews ? What made the conferences interesting to me was your way of questioning and digging into subjects, not being afraid to say that you didn't understood something and keeping track of the train of though (e.g. going back to the subject after a digression).
Daniel Bross
10 posts / 1 project
Glitchheart, Aarhus, Denmark Working on the Glitchheart Engine and a puzzle game
Edited by Daniel Bross on
Yeah, I second this. Would be awesome to still have some talks/interviews that were done by @cmuratori!
m
5 posts
maybe someone could ask Unity or other large company that has regular events around the world,
to include little-handmade-casey-interviews-side-show?

for example,
would be pretty interesting to watch Casey interview Mike Acton again, now that he works at unity,
probably would have lots of interesting new stuff to talk about..
Abner Coimbre
320 posts
Founder
Edited by Abner Coimbre on Reason: Addendum
CaptainKraft
This is either incredibly sad news, or an opportunity for someone (:cough: Abner :cough) to pick it up and continue the conference.

Stay tuned this month.

*whispers* If something does happen (haven't said it will!), let's not expect the exact same format as Casey's :)
Jeremiah Goerdt
208 posts / 1 project
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
abnercoimbre
CaptainKraft
This is either incredibly sad news, or an opportunity for someone (:cough: Abner :cough) to pick it up and continue the conference.

Stay tuned this month.

*whispers* If something does happen (haven't said it will!), let's not expect the exact same format as Casey's :)

Don't tease me, Abner! My heart can't handle another crushing blow like finding out HMCon wasn't coming back.