Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
John Chan
4 posts
Turn on auto-generated closed caption
Thanks Casey for the HMH videos!

Wondering if Casey could turn on auto-generated closed caption for the youtube clips?

Those closed captions are not 100% accurate but it does help a lot when I need to watch the videos with volume turned way down while my kids are sleeping. That's the only chance for me to watch the series.

I usually fast forward when I watch and slow down on parts that are more complicated to me. With closed caption, I could go on 1.5 to 2 times the normal speed while without it, I can at most do 1.25 speed. That's the only way for me to be able to make any progress with 2 kids occupying most of my free time.

Thank you again for the series! I fully enjoy the episodes (currently at day 12).
Miguel Lechón
78 posts / 2 projects
Auto-captioning is already turned on for recent videos (I don't know about the older ones), but I believe it's Youtube who finally decides to make automatic captions available depending on the confidence it has on their (ahem) correctness (ref).

I imagine you have a good reason not to use headphones, but... those subtitles... I would go crazy within minutes!
John Chan
4 posts
Thanks debiatan!

I didn't even think about headphones. I should try to get a hold of one :)

When I watched the first few episodes, auto-CC was available. It wasn't very accurate but got the job done especially when I was fast forwarding.