Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Martin Cohen
47 posts / 1 project
Code, art, music, stupid ideas.
Patreon account
Hi Casey,

Just a suggestion: Have you thought about going for a Patreon.com account? In comparison to Kickstarter's one-shot project support, Patreon is built for content creators for continuous support from the community.

I'll be happy to support the stream there (or anywhere else, actually).

--M.
27 posts
Patreon account
You can already support the stream by pre-ordering the game (link to the right).
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Patreon account
To be honest, I was not prepared for the degree of enthusiasm that people have shown for the stream. A lot of folks have asked for a way to make donations and so on. I don't know what the best way is to do that, because I hadn't thought about that before starting. Putting the game up for preorder was the only thing I had thought about.

So at the moment all I can say is "thank you" to everyone for being so generous and wanting to help fund this project! If/when I figure out what the best way is to put up anything other than just the preorder, I will be sure to mention it on the stream.

- Casey
Martin Cohen
47 posts / 1 project
Patreon account
Edited by Martin Cohen on
@Troncoso: I've already did that. But still I just want to support this. I already support a few people on Patreon, so I guessed it would be good to at least mention it.
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Patreon account
There is a Patreon account now - it seems to be working OK:

http://www.patreon.com/cmuratori

I will post links to it this week.

Thanks,
- Casey
Martin Cohen
47 posts / 1 project
Patreon account
Yay! Great!
Marc Novakowski
12 posts
Patreon account
Thanks for setting up a Patreon account, Casey - the $15 pre-order seemed so measly considering the value of what you are sharing!
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Patreon account
No, thank you guys for contributing to the series! I am constantly amazed at how generous people are... it is very heartwarming.

- Casey