Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
27 posts
DS3 with Handmade Hero
Edited by Troncoso on
The only gamepad I have is a Dualshock 3, so I grabbed the XInput wrapper for it, installed it, and tried it out and it all worked great. The screen moved around like it should and the tone changed.

Well, that was working as of the part where we separated user input. (Day 13). I'm working on Day 17 now and the controller is not responding. I keep getting a "device not connected" error (1167) at:

XInputGetState(controllerIndex, &controllerState) == ERROR_SUCCESS

I know my controller is detected by Windows, as it shows in the SCP Monitor and it works with other games. Did we write anything between day 14 and 17 that may have broken controller input? Has anyone else had much luck using Playstation controllers with Handmade Hero?

And I'm not asking if Casey's code was broken, but more that if any of the work we did could have broken gamepad input if coded wrong. (My keyboard input works fine.)
Andrew Bromage
183 posts / 1 project
Research engineer, resident maths nerd (Erdős number 3).
DS3 with Handmade Hero
This has nothing to do with the question, but does everyone love the sheer irony of ERROR_SUCCESS, or is it just me?
27 posts
DS3 with Handmade Hero
I feel so dumb. I would have figured this out if I had watched the rest of the stream before asking. It just confused me because at one point he was showing the "zero" values for the sticks and I wanted to check them for the DS3, but that wasn't working.
Livet Ersomen Strøm
163 posts
DS3 with Handmade Hero
Pseudonym73
This has nothing to do with the question, but does everyone love the sheer irony of ERROR_SUCCESS, or is it just me?

True poetry.