Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Joshua
1 posts
Anyone else using Notepad++?
I wanted to try to use Emacs, but I couldn't quite figure it out(well, given I didn't put much time into figuring it out)

I'm using Notepad++ to write my code, and I have it linked to my build.bat, only issue that is bothering me is that Notepad++ doesn't show parameter hints or autocomplete functions. At this point I'd rather use Visual studio to write the code, but that makes using my build.bat a hassle.

Anyone know how I can setup Notepad++ to show hints and finish functions? I've already set language to C, and enabled parameter hints and auto finish in the settings preferences, but still nothing.
Jim R. Didriksen
63 posts
Settings -> Preferences -> Backup/Auto-Completion

Enable auto-completion on each input.
- Function completion
- Word completion

(I have a few plugins installed but I'm pretty sure this is a setting in the vanilla install of NP++)

Personally I just changed from NP++ to Atom.io (just a week or so ago) because the amount of files open where really hard to jump between in NP++, using the smaller and smaller tabs just became a guessing game, so I needed something with a File tree on the left to navigate in.
16 posts
Edited by hendrix on
Jim0_o

Personally I just changed from NP++ to Atom.io (just a week or so ago) because the amount of files open where really hard to jump between in NP++, using the smaller and smaller tabs just became a guessing game, so I needed something with a File tree on the left to navigate in.

Tree like structure in Notepad++ without plugin.
Notepad++ -> View-> Project-> choose Panel 1 OR Panel 2 OR Panel 3 ->

It will create a sub part Wokspace on the left side -> Right click on Workspace & click Add Project -> Again right click on Project which is created recently -> And click on Add Files From Directory.
Jim R. Didriksen
63 posts
hendrix
Jim0_o

Tree like structure in Notepad++ without plugin.
Notepad++ -> View-> Project-> choose Panel 1 OR Panel 2 OR Panel 3 ->

It will create a sub part Wokspace on the left side -> Right click on Workspace & click Add Project -> Again right click on Project which is created recently -> And click on Add Files From Directory.

Nice, thanks. I might "have to" change back now.