Handmade Hero»Forums»Game
theo
9 posts
Please help out a noob(me)
Edited by theo on Reason: Forgot something
So, after downloading the source for day 37, along with the test assests which i put in my data folder, i did what i normally do-go on my command line, build win32_handmade.cpp, go to devenv \build\win32_handmade.exe, and launch it.
However, I cannot seem to get any of the test assest, it just shows a grey board with a yellow square i can move around. Can anyone tell me what causes this problem?

ps: The same thing happend on day 36, but i thought that was normal.
pps: I would be very grateful for a quick answer <3

EDIT: also, my test.out file only has a blank white icon, i dont know if that is relevant though.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Did you do what Casey did on day 1 at ~48:40? Setting working directory in solution settings.
theo
9 posts
In fact, i did not! i will try it out now, will post again if it doesnt work.
Thanks in advance, kind sir!
theo
9 posts
it worked :D
i really am stupid though.
theo
9 posts
one more thing (also stupid) is it normal that hero cant move in the day 147 code?
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
No, that is not normal... you should be able to use space bar to create a hero and WASD to move him in the day 147 code.

- Casey
theo
9 posts
Edited by theo on Reason: Forgot something
Everything works fine, but for some reason i get an error when the debugger runs this line of code: Assert(PlayingSound->SamplesPlayed >= LoadedSound->SampleCount);
any idea what may cause that, because i dont :D

PS: day 147
PPS: I also get an error message in my console when building that says: Cl:command line warning D9025: overriding /OD with /o2
Miguel Lechón
78 posts / 2 projects
I believe that audio bug was corrected during the first fifteen minutes of episode 148.
theo
9 posts
Miguel Lechón
78 posts / 2 projects
Oh, and the override stuff is explained in day 145's Q&A (1h10m45s).