Handmade Hero»Forums»Game
Anders
20 posts
Professional (non-game)developer living in Stockholm, Sweden. Born '84. Gamer since five years of age, computer nerd since six.
Custom soundtrack, custom art, custom story, custom game?
Edited by Anders on
As I'm part time gamer, part time developer, part time music producer and a bit arty in general, I'd like to create a custom soundtrack and/or the sound effects for the game. Maybe even more. Is this ok?

If so, do you guys know if anyone else has had this idea and maybe even started on it? It would be interesting to have a listen. I'm pretty far behind (at ep. 45-ish) and haven't really gotten to the mixer stuff yet, so I haven't really given it much work yet. But anyway. It'd be so much fun.

I'm also planning on experimenting with my own art (potentially horrible outcome) and perhaps even branch off and morph the entire game into another game entirely (parallell to handmade hero so to say), with all the music/sound/art/story made by moi. Is this also ok?

A very short and very early demo clip of a theme of sorts:
https://soundcloud.com/currentmoodstockholm/theme001/s-QwEXa
Simon Anciaux
1341 posts
If you want to create music and sound effects for the game Casey is making, you should contact Casey directly.

If you want to make and share music with the community you are free to do it. But you can't use the engine/source code/assets without Casey's permission (see license.txt in the handmade hero download).
Anders
20 posts
Professional (non-game)developer living in Stockholm, Sweden. Born '84. Gamer since five years of age, computer nerd since six.
Thank you. Very informative. :)