Handmade Hero»Forums»Game
11 posts
Friendly old programmer from the days of the BBC and Amiga
Thanks Casey
Hi everyone :)

I'm a long time follower, first time poster, that just want to say a big Thank You to Casey for doing HMH.

I have been working in the games industry for many years, was totally burn out and thinking of quitting programming all together.
I'd had gotten tired of the mess that is Object Oriented Programming, build times of 10 minutes or more and the mentality of "Just throw another library at it".

I've found HMH inspirational and strangely uplifting. (There's nothing better than seeing like minded programmers when you were worried that we're a dying breed.) Reminded me of happier times programming my Amiga, in what I called "CPU Oriented Programming"

Thanks again, HMH has revived my love of programming games again :)
Passive
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Thanks Casey
Thanks for the kind words! Really glad the series had that effect. It's had the same effect for me, too, thanks to people such as yourself writing in. It's great to be reminded that there are plenty of people out there who believe in the same basic programming principles.

- Casey