Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Connor
52 posts
It's been so long ;)
OT: VS troubles.
I am trying to get setup on this new computer and visual studio is being a...

When I open Visual Studio 2015 Express, I get this window popup that says that the software is prerelease software (it isn't). So I scourer the internet and find people saying I need to sign in. I do so, still doesn't work.

I tried working with the Microsoft Help desk thingy, but it would really help if they actually knew a thing or two about their products. :angry:

NOTE: The image is in the attachments

Any help is super appreciated.

~ Connor
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2562 posts / 2 projects
Have you previosly installed CTP (Community Technology Preview) version of Visual Studio?
Have you tried going in control panel / add remove programs and pressing "Repair" (or whatever it is called) for VS 2015 Express?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Why you are using Express and not Community edition?
Connor
52 posts
It's been so long ;)
Have you previously installed CTP version of Visual Studio: No.

Have you tried going in control panel/add remove programs and pressing "Repair": Yes, multiple times.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it: Too many times. I have tried installing from the ISO and regular installer, I have tried installing community and express, same thing on the same computer.

Why are you using Express and not Community edition: I was trying to see if Express would work any better than Community for some reason.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2562 posts / 2 projects
Yeah, no idea then. Something is messed up somewhere...

You could try something like running Process Monito ad logging all access to registry keys and files when launching visual studio. Then maybe you'll notice some kind of error in these logs which will give you clue what to fix.