Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
GitHub access testing
I am currently looking for folks who have preordered Handmade Hero and would like to test access to the new GitHub repositories. Please e-mail me at [email protected] using the e-mail address from which you preordered if you are interested.

Thanks,
- Casey
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
GitHub access testing
Thanks everyone for writing in on this to volunteer. I will begin testing sweeps shortly.

- Casey
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
GitHub access testing
OK folks, everyone who e-mailed me should have gotten a reply from me asking them to test the GitHub :) Please do so and let me know how it goes!

- Casey
James Widman
21 posts
GitHub access testing
Hi Casey,

I don't seem to have received a reply yet...
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
GitHub access testing
Everyone should now have a GitHub access code on their SendOwl page.

- Casey
19 posts
GitHub access testing
GitHub does not support private repositories on a free account; can I still access it with the code you've sent out or will I have to upgrade my GitHub account to a payed one?
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Developer, administrator, and style wrangler
GitHub access testing
Github free accounts simply don't let you create private repos. You can still join other people's or organizations' private repos.
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
GitHub access testing
Yes, you do not need to upgrade your GitHub account. We pay for the upgraded account so that the repository is private. You don't have to pay anything to access it. That's GitHub's model.

- Casey
Wesley Robb
7 posts
GitHub access testing
Is it possible to somehow get access if my github registered email address is different from my paypal email address? Or am I up the proverbial creek without a paddle...
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
GitHub access testing
Edited by Casey Muratori on
Your e-mail address doesn't matter at all. You just need to go to your SendOwl download page and get the GitHub authorization code. There's a text file with it that explains the entire process.

- Casey
Wesley Robb
7 posts
GitHub access testing
Wow, my bad. I hadn't downloaded the file and was just attempting to use the license key :oops:

Thanks for the help!
Vijay Varadan
2 posts
GitHub access testing
cmuratori
Your e-mail address doesn't matter at all. You just need to go to your SendOwl download page and get the GitHub authorization code. There's a text file with it that explains the entire process.

- Casey

I would be great to pin this post / thread to the forum. I had the devil of a time trying to figure out github access, especially since the search feature is hidden.