Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Harikrishnan Menon
2 posts
Wagic 2.0 - The Revival
Edited by Harikrishnan Menon on Reason: Added footnote #3
Hi All

I am a new found addict to the HMH series. Just started watching the same and found out that I have a lot of catching up to do. First of all Kudos to Casey for making programming fun again! I haven't had so much fun programming since I started my career as (*cough*)Software Developer(*cough*) in an MNC.
I hope you will understand my pain when I say I work on legacy PHP/HTML/JS/CSS.

I started watching this video series as a part(around 95%) of me wanted to do something more than implementing some design doc handed to me. This video has inspired me and rekindled the love I had for low level programming.

Now all that being said I would like to ramble a little more (:evil: heh :evil: ).
I used to own a PSP back in say 2007 I think and I remember playing a game called Wagic on that. It was a CTCG and was more like the MTG line. The devs at that time had developed it for mainly the PSP and PC version was much like a PORT of it and the smartphones was a broken port. It is sad but now the project is kind of dead :( :( .

I would like to revive the project and make it a much more stable and cross platform game. Now here is where there is bit of a problem I am just learning C/C++ and are at intermediate level and am not able to properly make sense of the existing code base.[Not an issue]

I was thinking if the community here as well as you would support me to do a Handmade version of the game. I just need some people to guide me on the correct path.

I do have something in my mind regarding the project if you all feel that it is worth putting effort into please give me a shout. We can do it together.

Links
Download Wagic
Wagic Github

Thanks and Regards
Delta

FootNote #1 :
If this is not the right place to post please tell me where I should.

FootNote #2 :
No I am not marketing this game nor was part of the dev team.

FootNote #3 :
If the title is inappropriate please feel free to suggest a new one.
JOSE A GUTIERREZ
1 posts
Wagic 2.0 - The Revival
I could be interested, I have a lot of experience in c++ but mostly in network programming, some desktop applications and some serial devices control systems, but haven't programmed anything related to games since the 80s when I was a little child learning how computers work (commodore 64, timex/sinclair, tandy, etc)