Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Handmade Hero GitHub set-up
Yes - it probably would have been going by now, but the unexpected trip postponed things. Maybe this weekend I will have time to finish the gateway for adding people, but no promises :)

- Casey
Johnathan
2 posts
Thanks for the update Casey.

-redwindmill
John Lorre
26 posts
I suppose there is nothing new?
(Which is fine, just making sure I did not miss an email.)
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
It'll be very loudly announced once it's ready. I have done the database system for authentication but I haven't had to time to really test it yet.

- Casey
John Lorre
26 posts
Thank you for the update.
Yes this makes sense (I just was not 100% sure there would be a separate announcement).
Bill Strong
50 posts
Wouldn't Git's branch feature provide the structure you need? You would have a Community Branch and a Follow Tutorial branch. The Follow Tutorial branch would only have commits by Casey, and then the Community branch would be able to pull in pull requests. This doesn't have to in the origin branch, either, the canonical Casey branch could have just the Tutorial branch, and anyone that wanted to host a fork could rebase regularly from that branch to the Community branch, owned by an interested party.

This way, no matter repository you fork, you will always be able to get the latest version of the Tutorial.

Of course, I could be seeing the problem wrongly. Hopefully the idea is helpful.