Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
John Lorre
26 posts
Debugging with VS 2015 on Linux
Time for Casey to switch to Linux, we finally got a nice debugger! (Okay, I'm joking about the first part :) )

Joking aside, Casey always said Debuggers are sub part, a resentment I do agree with. With VS 2015 (RC hit today) one will be able to use Visual Studio to debug via GDB over putty.

Alas I am at work and did not get to try it yet, I only read this http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/ar...-on-linux-from-visual-studio.aspx which sounds pretty exciting.

Maybe someone already tried this and can share their experience? I will for sure play around with this this weekend.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
The best part it will be open-sourced with MIT license. That is very good. In case there will be bugs or annoying things that MS won't want to fix, community will step up and fix or improve things there.
popcorn
70 posts
Maybe a community will add a C++ visual gdb debugger for the VS Linux version?? That would be awesome.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Why would anybody would want to use Visual Code app which running JavaScript for all its logic? Its just awful. It's like running Eclipse, but even worse.