Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Carlos Gabriel Hasbun Comandari
35 posts
|· noise ·|
How are Visual Studio options saved
http://youtu.be/Ee3EtYb8d1o?t=50m29s

Visual Studio has the option to use as a working directory at: w:\handmade\data .
However, once we close Visual Studio, the options are deleted. And I don't see Casey saving the solution. So I wonder, how does one cause the solution options to persist?
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
The options are stored in the .sln file. Visual Studio _should_ have asked you to save the .sln file when you exited - I believe that is shown on the stream in Day 001?

- Casey
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2562 posts / 2 projects
I believe debugging options like working directory is saved in .suo file, not .sln. But this .sou file is automatically generated next to .sln file when .sln file is created.
Carlos Gabriel Hasbun Comandari
35 posts
|· noise ·|
Edited by Carlos Gabriel Hasbun Comandari on
While debugging, I frequently reach a point by pressing f10 where the Debugger throws a message box: "There is no source code for the current location". How can I correct that?

For example in the third day there is a part where Casey steps over the PostQuitMessage(0) Call and after exiting the WindProc() the "There is no source code for the current location" message appears.