Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Jonathan Riendeau
1 posts
Watch window in VS community 2013
Edited by Jonathan Riendeau on
Hello everyone, I have installed VS community 2013 and when I debug my code, I can't get the watch window like in the videos. Is it because my version isn't complete?

I thought at first maybe it was because the code that I debugged had errors, but no, even with no errors in it the "Watch" window doesn't show under Debug\Windows. I only have:
"Breakpoints", "Output" and "Immediate".

Note: I am only half-way through day 001 of the official stream, so it may have been answered already. Sorry
Neil Blakey-Milner
45 posts
Watch window in VS community 2013
jorockstar
Hello everyone, I have installed VS community 2013 and when I debug my code, I can't get the watch window like in the videos. Is it because my version isn't complete?

No, I have it using VS Community 2013.

jorockstar

I thought at first maybe it was because the code that I debugged had errors, but no, even with no errors in it the "Watch" window doesn't show under Debug\Windows. I only have:
"Breakpoints", "Output" and "Immediate".

It doesn't show up under Debug\Windows at rest. You need to have actually started debugging (F5, or Debug\Start Debugging) and not exited yet (although crashing is fine). Then it will show up in Debug\Windows.

Good luck,

Neil