Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Stefan
20 posts
@cmuratori Delphi translation of HMH
Hi Casey.

I've stated following along in Delphi using the YouTube archive and I am up to day 10.
I'm translating your code line by line (as far as the Pascal language allows) as I go and I was wondering if it would be interesting for anyone to see the source.
I have already learned a lot by doing this. I will do my best to continue as my time allows.

I don't want to just post my source online, since I know you would like people to pre-order like I did.
Looking forward to hear your opinion.

PS: what is the policy for posting code snippets on the forum? I have a bug in the sound that I cant seem to fix.
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Code snippets are definitely fine. If you want to distribute the entire source in Delphi, we can add it to a "contrib" section of the source distribution if you'd like, so anyone who pre-orders will get it. I've made that offer to other folks who have been doing full ports to other languages, but I guess so far nobody has gotten far enough along to submit one.

But yeah - anybody who wants to distribute full source, we can just put it in a contrib directory, so please contact me if you've got a full port you want to distribute. We'll find a good way to make it happen!

- Casey
Stefan
20 posts
Since you are releasing a new episode almost every weekday, I don't think I will be able to catch up, but I can make every new file available as I complete them.
I'm currently using an svn instance on cloudforge to sync my files between my different PCs.
Let me know if you want to use that, or if you have some other way you want me to submit. Thanks.

Stefan.
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Email me at [email protected] and we'll figure out how to get it set up.

- Casey
Stefan
20 posts
I sent you the email.