If anybody is interested, I have added the ability to download assets from sendowl and pre stream Q&A from Twitch to my LINQPad daily download script. As before, it can also download the current source code zip file from sendowl and the latest video uploaded to the YouTube archive.
To be able to download the source code and the assets, you obviously need to preorder the game and supply your sendowl URL per the instructions (below).
For YouTube video download, you need to have both ffmpeg
in your PATH. youtube-dl is required for both Twitch and YouTube, ffmpeg is required only for YouTube.
- •Download, install and run LINQPad.
- •In LINQPad go to File>Open, paste link to the script and click Open.
- •If you want to download videos you have install both ffmpeg and youtube-dl. Easiest way to get them is via chocolatey.
- •Set your parameters and click Execute (F5)
- •When you run the script for the first time, it will ask you for the sendowl URL. You can also set it manually via LINQPads builtin password manager (File>Password Manager) and adding password with the name 'handmadehero.sendowlurl' and value of your full sendowl URL. Passwords are securedly stored with the Windows Data Protection API (check the LINQPad FAQ)
- •downloadSrc : (true|false) Download the source code zip file
- •downloadVideo : (true|false) Download the latest YouTube file
- •outputDir : (string) Path to the output dir (without the trailing backslash)
- •srcCodeFileName : (string) filename of the zip file
- •youtubeFormat : (string) youTube-dl format (-f option, 137+141 for the best quality, check youTube-dl documentation for details)
- •downloadPreStream : (true|false) Download the pre stream Q&A
- •downloadAssets : (true|false) Download the assets file(s)
If you have installed LINQPad, you can run the scripts via commandline. You have to save the script somewhere on your system (File>Save).
lprun <full-path-to-the-script> <downloadSrc> <downloadVideo> <outputDir> <srcCodeFileName> <youtubeFormat> <downloadPreStream> <downloadAssets>
lprun "E:\Linqpad\Queries\HandMadeHero_DownloadLatest.linq" true true "d:\Download\HandMadeHero" handmadehero.zip 137+141 true true