Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Jeffrey Goodall
1 posts
Emacs key bindings
Casey,
I know you have provided a small text file for your emacs key bindings. However, there are several others that you have changed from the default which you have not listed. Is it possible that we could get a more explicit list of your key bindings if we wish to follow you along in emacs. Thanks
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Emacs key bindings
The .emacs has everything, obviously, and all the ones I could think of we put in the text file. Which ones do you think are missing?

- Casey
Ferran
6 posts
Emacs key bindings
Casey,

Is there by chance a command you use to close braces?
after writing (, { or [ do you input something that closes with the corresponding pair?

It seems to me that you do, but you write pretty fast on the stream so I'm not sure.

Been digging in the .emacs file but I'm unable to figure it out, I just want to make sure I'm not searching for something that isn't there.
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Emacs key bindings
Nope, I just close them by typing the corresponding character.

- Casey
4 posts
Emacs key bindings
Edited by dvkirn on
If you want to automatically close braces, parentheses, etc. there's an emacs mode for it. Just put this in your .emacs file:

(electric-pair-mode 1)

Check this out for more details: Matching Parentheses
Ferran
6 posts
Emacs key bindings
I see now, the cursor going back to the matching brace was throwing me off, thanks

Thanks DvKirn, I'll use that then