Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Anders
20 posts
Professional (non-game)developer living in Stockholm, Sweden. Born '84. Gamer since five years of age, computer nerd since six.
Problem with IntelliSense in VS2017
Edited by Anders on Reason: Initial post
Hello, I've for some time now had problems with the combination of intellisense and the handmade hero code. More precisely it happens in just a few .cpp-files, one of them being handmade_world.cpp (I'm at episode 61).

The game compiles and runs just fine, it's just that my current configuration in VS doesn't seem to like these particular files, which also leads to me being unable to use refactoring features such as rename, etc.

It seems like it doesn't like the inline keyword as it is used in this file, rendering the rest of the file broken as well. But I'm not sure exactly.

Any help on how I could config IntelliSense/Visual Studio, to work with Casey's c++/c-version or whatever is the case, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anders
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
VS IDE does not work well with unity builds. You'll need to help it to understand how does code looks like. Basically you'll need to put includes at top of these .cpp files so VS intellisense can find where everything is declared. Find in which header Bool32 is declared and put include to it in this file. And repeat this process for other errors.

If it breaks something then you might need to rearrange some part of code or order of includes somewhere else.
Anders
20 posts
Professional (non-game)developer living in Stockholm, Sweden. Born '84. Gamer since five years of age, computer nerd since six.
I understand, thank you. :)