NOTE(Jeroen): This was originally posted by Mārtiņš Možeiko - I'll restore the thread properly this weekend under the original URL with the proper history and post attribution.
Casey has provided me access to 1080p videos he uploads to YouTube. These videos are from OBS recording and should have a bit better quality than ones on YouTube, because it transcodes videos to be a bit smaller. Files from Casey are ~1.5x larger than videos on YouTube.
I will share them using Resilio Sync
(previously known as BitTorrent Sync).
For those who doesn't know Resilio Sync, in few words it is like a Dropbox, but without server. Basically it downloads files using P2P - same technology as torrents. There is no central server where files are stores, everybody who downloads files also uploads same files to other peers. Discovering shared files happens through sharing special key for folder (similar to what "magnet" URL is for torrents).
Read-only key to download files is BOZWLNQW3PPZXLV53HVXI3MVHA5EV5FTF
. My upload bandwidth is 250Mbit, so as long as you have good connection and more people joins in sharing files download speeds should be good.
Here's is short guide how to get files using Resilio Sync on Windows:
- Go to https://www.getsync.com and get Free version. No need to have Pro, although for first 30 days Free version will have all Pro functionality).
- In main interface choose "Options" item (gear on to right corner) and choose "Manual connection..."
- Paste key above
- Now choose "Sync all" to be On or Off. When it is ON all files will be downloaded. Each episode is something like ~900MB. Currently total size for all 349 episodes/chats is 317GB). If you choose this to keep OFF, you'll need to right click in Windows Explorer individual files you want to download and select "Sync to this device" option. You can change this setting later. Read more information about this feature here.
- Press Next, and choose new folder where to place files.
- Download and watch videos
For more information read Help Center for Resilio Sync: http://help.getsync.com
Sync All = OFF is Pro-only feature. After 30-day trial will end, this feature won't be available anymore. If you want to download only individual files after that you'll need to use ignore list - https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us...noring-files-in-Sync-Ignore-List-
Create or edit .sync/IgnoreList text file that contains files that you don't want to download. For example, like this:
This will ignore all introduction to c, emacs and days 000-119 videos. It will download 120+ days.
Here is full list of file names (up to day 349): https://gist.github.com/mmozeiko/...6e9a88cec10#file-handmadehero-txt
If you want to watch prestream video, chizran
has provided me with his archived prestream videos (from Twitch). They are available with following read-only key: BXX52F55Z5ZQNRQWRMTMESHCZWHPOQEOD
. They are available from day 72. Each episode is something like from 100 to 600 MB (and sometimes even less, or even more). Total size currently is 110G (as of day 349), and full list of file names is here: https://gist.github.com/mmozeiko/...0#file-handmadehero_prestream-txt