Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
theo
9 posts
Help please (nr. 2) :D
now that i have the source code,I would like to run the game. I have dev c++
and visual Studio. How can I make the game run, so that I can move the Character?

PS: Thanks to fcatalan and w00tnes, who helped me with my previous issue.
Nejc
4 posts
Haven't tried it since I don't have windows on my machine, but you can try running it like Casey does on stream.
Open cmd.exe, cd to your HH directory and then try running misc\shell.bat (this will set the environment), and then run code\build.bat to compile it. If everything went well, there'll be a build directory with the executable (in your main HH dir).

You might have to tweak the settings in the misc\shell.bat file to suit your installation of visual studio.

You can also make a new empty VC++ project in visual studio and add all the code/header files yourself. You'll also have to add the libs to your linker settings (the names can be found in code\build.bat in the CommonLinkerFlags variable). After that you can build and run from visual studio (F5 :) )

The same goes for dev c++ - make new project, add all files, set up linker flags, compile & run.
Roderic Bos
70 posts
theo1995
now that i have the source code,I would like to run the game. I have dev c++
and visual Studio. How can I make the game run, so that I can move the Character?

PS: Thanks to fcatalan and w00tnes, who helped me with my previous issue.

You could use a setup used in this post https://forums.handmadehero.org/i...orum?view=topic&catid=4&id=77#808

there are some extra .h files now the attached solution file is a bit outdated, but should work if setup correctly. Just attach the correct files to the correct project. And build in x64 to get the build params correct.