Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Sebastian
5 posts
4coder_casey don't work anymore with 4coder 4.0.x ?
Edited by Sebastian on
Hello,

I've just preordered the game and started with the video series.

I arrived at episode 8 and choose to switch to 4coder (so I bought 4coder today).

When I try to compile 4coder_casey.cpp:

buildsuper.bat 4coder_casey.cpp

I get many many errors. Do I miss something ?

Greetings

Zellione
Simon Anciaux
1337 posts
I think 4coder_casey.cpp wasn't updated to work with recent version of 4coder. But most of it's content seems to be in 4coder now.
Sebastian
5 posts
Edited by Sebastian on
It's very hard to understand what has changed since in 4coder. This tool sounds really promising, but the documentation is rather "slim".

I would really appreciate if casey could provide a new version of his extension. I am really interested in his modal config.

ADDITION:

Thank you casey for this project.
nj
26 posts
Edited by nj on
Don't forget that 4coder is still in alpha stage (not even beta) and was released only because it was needed desperately by the community. Allen still didn't finish to define the features (and the documentation) but it's desined well enough to understand whatever you need after a bit of testing.

If you want updated examples of modal customizations to 4coder, I've released my own custom layer on github, and there's also ChronalDragon's vim clone.

If you have any specific questions you can also ask in the 4coder forums and most likely someone there will help you.
Sebastian
5 posts
Thank you for your suggestion.

Meanwhile I have read into the customization API of 4coder and partly rewritten the old 4coder_casey.cpp so that it work again.

Cheers,

Zellione