Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Andre Bauland
12 posts
Video Downloads?
I've a hard time with keeping up, casey is to fast for me :D
There are sometimes such things where he pastes a block and immediatley
jumps a page up/down and i have to pause right at that moment to see what and when and who and how.

And I would love to download the videos!
Sadly my internet provider shrinks speed after 30GB of data Transfer, and
reset is on 1st of every month. :(
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2559 posts / 2 projects
Video Downloads?
itsuart
Where ~/ytdl-cl is a tiny utility I wrote to clean up after youtubedl (it leaves video and audio streams): https://github.com/itsuart/ytdl-cleanup

Not sure why you need it. As long as you have ffmpeg available, youtube-dl will automatically join audio and video streams (separate .m4a and .mp4 files) and remove both leaving just one final .mp4 video+audio file.
Seth Brown
6 posts
Video Downloads?
marcn

That's strange - I can play 1080p and have all the speed options available (up to 2x). This is on PC Chrome. Maybe it's dependent on hardware?

Just checked it out, and it seems 1080p works with the html5 player in chrome but not in firefox. That's kind of worrying that Google is limiting functionality for other browsers.
11 posts
Video Downloads?
mmozeiko
itsuart
Where ~/ytdl-cl is a tiny utility I wrote to clean up after youtubedl (it leaves video and audio streams): https://github.com/itsuart/ytdl-cleanup

Not sure why you need it. As long as you have ffmpeg available, youtube-dl will automatically join audio and video streams (separate .m4a and .mp4 files) and remove both leaving just one final .mp4 video+audio file.

It didn't do that for me. Maybe my version (2014.06.26) is too old or it has something to do with that I have av-something instead of ffmpeg.
Anyway, if youtubedl removes temporary files now - that's great!
Andrew Chronister
194 posts / 1 project
Developer, administrator, and style wrangler
Video Downloads?
learc83
marcn

That's strange - I can play 1080p and have all the speed options available (up to 2x). This is on PC Chrome. Maybe it's dependent on hardware?

Just checked it out, and it seems 1080p works with the html5 player in chrome but not in firefox. That's kind of worrying that Google is limiting functionality for other browsers.

From what I recall, this is actually a limitation on firefox's end. It doesn't support the full HTML5 player because they're pretty obstinate about not using the proprietary H.264 codec, which I think means they either reverse engineered it or are using some other solution. Maybe that's not exactly what happened. In any case, it's something along those lines -- Google provides the means, but Firefox isn't taking full advantage (yet).
Leonid Kapitonov
8 posts
Game developer, C, C++, Unity
Video Downloads?
Use Download Master.
Simply download Youtube URL with the program, voilà!
Patsy Hambright
1 posts
Video Downloads?
I'm used to download videos with keepvid...But sometimes I also use this one for batch download:http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/keepvid-alternative.html
Share this with you if you need the 1080p videos but no idea how to catch it.