Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Tom
1 posts
libgdx port (framework/JAVA) ??
Edited by Tom on
Hi I am trying to port the game using libgdx java framework.

Does the game licence allow me to do that at all?

Are you interested in the source? I can create a github repository f.e.

Please keep in mind, since I did not see all episodes yet and don't know what gonna come up in the future this project may fail for some reasons.
Karl Kirch
18 posts
libgdx port (framework/JAVA) ??
I assume that you're doing this on the desktop, so the answer is yes you certainly can create a platform layer using libgdx, problem is this is going to be super messy because you'll have to pull in all the handmade source using JNI. (if you do this let me know as I want to see how it goes)
With that setup (ie you are only porting the platform layer), you can push that code to github, but you CANNOT push the actual game source or assets (ie gitignore the crap out of your repo to prevent this).

Now if you're going to port the actual game code itself, then I assume that you are writing everything from scratch... which is a bit of a gray area... and I'd assume Casey doesn't want a direct port of the game code floating around either. So if you go this route, you probably shouldn't publish it to github...

(disclosure, I'm taking care of the swift port of the platform layer, the native library interop is a bit of a pain in a managed language, be warned, thar be dragons...)