Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
andre
12 posts
problems with building
Hey folks,

i can build the code until day 369 but i get errors building day 370 and greater.

w:\handmade\data>W:\handmade\code\build.bat
Der Befehl "ctime" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
simple_compressor.cpp
handmade.cpp
w:\handmade\code\handmade_render_group.cpp(211): error C2220: Warnung wird als Fehler interpretiert, es wurde keine object-Datei generiert.
w:\handmade\code\handmade_render_group.cpp(211): warning C4457: Deklaration von "Color" blendet Funktionsparameter aus
w:\handmade\code\handmade_render_group.cpp(211): note: Zur Vereinfachung der Migration können Sie ggf. vorübergehend die temporäre Kennzeichnung "/Wv:18" mit der Version des Compilers verwenden, mit dem Sie den Buildvorgang ohne Warnungen ausgeführt haben.
w:\handmade\code\handmade_render_group.cpp(173): note: Siehe Deklaration von "Color"
win32_handmade.cpp
Der Befehl "ctime" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.

can anyone help?

bye
phil
Shazan Shums
159 posts
Some day I will make quality software. Programming FTW.
problems with building
Let me guess you use msvc 14/vs 15 and you haven't included ctime in build directory.
You can disable warnings or manually fix code.

But I recently compiled it the issue is that i get a black screen I guess something to do with opengl. What opengl min required for hmh.will it support intel graphics because intel opengl drivers are outdated and crap.
4 posts
problems with building
just4phil
Hey folks,

i can build the code until day 369 but i get errors building day 370 and greater.

W:\handmade\data> W:\handmade\code\build.bat
The command "ctime" is either misspelled or could not be found.
Simple_compressor.cpp
Handmade.cpp
W:\handmade\code\handmade_render_group.cpp (211): error C2220: Warning interpreted as an error, no object file was generated.
W:\handmade\code\handmade_render_group.cpp (211): warning C4457: Declaration of "Color" shows function parameters
W:\handmade\code\handmade_render_group.cpp (211): note: To simplify your migration, temporarily use the / wv: 18 temporary tag with the compiler version that you used to run the build without warnings .
W:\handmade\code\handmade_render_group.cpp (173): note: See the declaration of "Color"
Win32_handmade.cpp
The command "ctime" is either misspelled or could not be found.
can anyone help?

bye
phil

I'll try my best without having access to the source archives (aka I'm just watching the videos).
For the ctime one:
-since it's not looking like a compiler error see if it's included in the source archive and check the path when calling it
-if it's a compiler error: check if "time.h" is included correctly

The second one (i'm not sure google translate if 100% correct here) should be defined as:
Variable Shadowing Warning On W4 C4457 "declaration of '%$I' hides function parameter".
Now there are 2 ways to go about this:
- either ignore the warning: add "-wd4457" to the compiler flags
- or fix it: you can read Here what that warning means.
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2562 posts / 2 projects
problems with building
I'm guessing you are using Visual Studio 2015 (or 2017). Because Casey is using VS2013 you'll have some small errors here and there and you'll need to adjust code to avoid them.

In this case it looks that adding "/Wv:18" compiler argument might disable this warning (which gets treated as error).