Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Thompson Lee
20 posts
None
How Far Are You?
Day 19.

Other than the issue I'm having (stack corruption), I am happy that I get to code and follow along with Casey, and try to cram every sessions as quick as 1 week before I had to send my PC away for repairs.

I'm probably going to aim for Day 22 by tomorrow, and possibly reach the most recent episode before the first weekend of 2015.
27 posts
How Far Are You?
BaseCase
Troncoso
I personally have written everything from scratch, using my own formatting style and naming conventions and whatnot.

Nice! I was actually trying to do this for a very short time, but I found that it got harder and harder to translate the new code into my style as things piled up (i.e. it was easy to rename a function but a little bit harder to remember what the old name was 6 episodes later, etc.). Are you finding it hard to manage that translation? And if not, what's your secret (besides a larger brain than mine)? :)

I name things similar to Casey, but I use my own style of formatting. So, GameUpdateAndRender is just gameUpdateAndRender, for example. Since the names are similar, then I know what it is I'm looking for and I know how I would have written it, so it comes naturally.

That was hard to explain, but I hope it was understandable.