Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
5 posts
Pre-Stream Videos??
Hello,

I know this might be a strange request but I was wondering if you can start posting pre-stream videos. You have been telling people to ask some questions during that time and I would enoy hearing your responses, but I am usually busy during that time. It would be great if you could post those since you are streaming anyways?

Thanks
Manish
6 posts
None
Pre-Stream Videos??
https://www.youtube.com/user/handmadeheroarchive

Regards,
Manish
16 posts
Pre-Stream Videos??
manishsharma
https://www.youtube.com/user/handmadeheroarchive

Regards,
Manish

He talks about pre-stream videos. I need that too.

http://www.twitch.tv/handmade_hero/profile/past_broadcasts here its just two weeks old with pre-streams, i need older streams :(
Manish
6 posts
None
Pre-Stream Videos??
Opps , you said pre-stream. I was able to watch recorded stream including pre-stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/handmade_hero/profile/past_broadcasts. But looks like it does not have old once which are auto deleted.

Would be great to have entire stream somewhere. Not sure if there a way to mark a steam in twitch to not delete.
5 posts
Pre-Stream Videos??
Ya I guess I should just keep up on those, but it would be great to have it on youtube.

Thanks the answers hendrix & manishsharma.
Livet Ersomen Strøm
163 posts
Pre-Stream Videos??
Is he late, sick or took a day off? I was kind of expecting an update by now, and I am feeling like a kid who didn't have his christmas presents. What is going on?? :)
8 posts
Hobbyist programmer, focused on making games. Thinking about what "handmade" means for my own code.
Pre-Stream Videos??
Yes! Some really interesting topics are being covered now, and if I miss a stream, I want to still be able to see that stuff. It looks like twitch only keeps like 10 past episodes or so around, and I'm currently at day016 and missing all of that pre-stream goodness. Is casey archiving his OBS recordings, or are they going to the trash as soon as they get uploaded?
8 posts
Hobbyist programmer, focused on making games. Thinking about what "handmade" means for my own code.
Pre-Stream Videos??
manishsharma hotly quipped:
Would be great to have entire stream somewhere. Not sure if there a way to mark a steam in twitch to not delete.

I disagree here, I think that keeping the meat of the videos seperated from the pre-stream is definitely best, it keeps things as professional as I would imagine Casey's aiming for. But I don't think he should be so quick to throw away those golden nuggets, like japanese food and job interviews. That's still goodness that lots of people will appreciate.
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Pre-Stream Videos??
The idea behind the pre-stream questions is that they are meant to be transient and off-topic. I don't want them recorded so I don't archive them. I enabled the Twitch 2-week-replay thing by request because I appreciate that people can't make the stream if it is not at a good time for their schedule/time-zone, but in general the pre-stream discussion is supposed to only be for the people who are generally watching the series live (or close to live).

- Casey
Oussama
2 posts
Pre-Stream Videos??
Thank you Casey , can you just let the pre-stream record a little more than 2 week so I can catch up the live session because I just started the series last week.
I'm very excited by your course dude you reconciliated me with the programming world.
I'm an entrepreneur and computer science bachelor who left coding because of what you explained on the introduction video.
I have'nt coding for a long time so I have to start from scratch.

Oussama, a patreon supporter from Brussels, Europe
ps: sorry for my bad english I'm french native
5 posts
Pre-Stream Videos??
That's fair thanks for the answer! ( Time to catch up on those pre streams I guess : - )