Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Iker Murga
43 posts
[Day 027] tSine avoided deletion
Edited by Iker Murga on
During day 027, test code was removed from the program, such as the tone and the gradient. However, in the win32_handmade.h file , we can still find tSine declared within the win32_sound_output structure.

I thought the same thing you are probably thinking now, "oh, Casey must have made a mistake and forgot about it" but then it came to me: is tSine THE VARIABLE? Then again, I can find it, so it's probably not. However, I decided to check and I found that "breathe vial" is an anagram for "the variable". Now, if I could get one of those I _might_ be able to dive deep and finally find THE VARIABLE. Probably not.

So, Casey, can we get a "Breathe Vial" item in the game? (oh, and in case you want to remove it or enclose it in an #if 0, tSine is on line 34 of win32_handmade.h)
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Damn that tSine! That should have been removed a long time ago.

But, no, I don't want you think that this is THE VARIABLE, because as we all know, no one has ever successfully created a VARIABLE for longer than a few fractions of a second under very controlled conditions. The notion that I could somehow have created a variable and kept it in the code for this long is pure fantasy.

- Casey
Jeff Buck
28 posts
You probably have a better chance of finding a Higgs Boson in the code...

- Jeff