During the stream on imposter syndrome, Casey mentioned making Asteroids as a good test of your mettle and potential. I figured that was a good idea, but I wanted to get closer to the metal than he may have intended. I thought some might want to follow my progress. I'm still in the early stages, and I'm not optimizing yet. Some of it is a mess, with hard-coded values and potentially hard to follow code; some of it is commented out for various reasons, and there is random testing code that I have not yet murdered. If I'm honest with myself, it's utter anarchy right now. If you are interested, you can watch it evolve. If people begin to follow my progress, I will start making cleaner commits and do proper branching.

Please do not complain about the style of the code. It is what I currently like. It is readable and somewhat aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

Feel free to ask me about the code, but I am not looking for PRs or critiques, though I do hope for the latter in the future. Right now it is my puzzle and I want to solve it. That said, if I'm spinning my wheels or have questions worthy of conversation, I may post them here. When the project is finished, I would certainly like to discuss the code with you guys: things I've done wrong, things that I could have done better. This is all assuming, of course, that anyone cares to follow along.

Do feel free to fork or clone, and tear the bastard apart.

low-level_asteroids

Oh, and I will probably write it for the GameBoy Advance, as well. Maybe concurrently.