Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Adrian
46 posts
None
OS X platform layer by Casey?
Will Casey after he finished the Windows platform layer and the main game create a Mac OS X platform layer in the same manner as he did for Windows (explaining stuff, using no libraries etc.)?

I'm right now trying to build my own and I know that there already are some OS X platform layers but I do learn a lot more by watching people doing and explainin stuff. Moreover Casey once said thathe isn't an expert on OS X but he probably is more expert on OS X then me and therefore his platform layer will be much more elegant!
Jesse
64 posts
Programmer at NASA GSFC
While I can't speak for Casey, it will be at least a year away - if he even decides to. So I encourage you to dive in and try for yourself now! Afterall, that's what the spirit of HandMade is all about! :)
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
Yeah, I will port the game to other platforms when we're done, but I don't have the depth of knowledge on Mac OS X / Linux / etc. to do the kind of explanations I do on Windows. So I don't want anyone to be expecting great platform layers elsewhere - they will probably be pretty basic.

- Casey