Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Jay
18 posts
Bug with entity packing / unpacking into blocks
I've just finished going through episode 280 where Casey finishes up streaming entities and packing and unpacking into blocks.

At the start of episode 281 Casey is moving around multiple rooms and you can see after the initial few they are missing entities and look broke. Casey mentions about dodgy world gen code - however I think there is an issue with packing or unpacking entities.

If you move far enough away from the starting room which looks fine (until it leaves the sim region bounds) and then come back - you experience the same issue with missing entities and general oddness.

I've briefly look at future episodes but it seems Casey is mainly playing the game in one room whilst adding features so I am not sure if he fixes this issue or is even aware of it yet?
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
We definitely have fixed some bugs regarding pack/unpack, but I'm not sure if they're the one you're talking about here.

- Casey
Jay
18 posts
Thanks Casey. It was the rogue is in rectangle call during begin sim. You fixed if a couple episodes after.