Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
2 posts
None
IRC Channel?
Is there an IRC channel for this community, or for anyone working through the series? If there is not one, would anyone else be interested in one?
8 posts
Hobbyist programmer, focused on making games. Thinking about what "handmade" means for my own code.
IRC Channel?
Edited by SteelGolem on
there's one on ircNET called #HandmadeHero, but i just use my irc client to join to irc.twitch.tv and mainly chat in there. some of us never leave! check here to see how to do this.
Dustin Specht
12 posts
IRC Channel?
currently we are just using the twitch channel. through irc. You can do that.

I believe skhme has a freenode irc channel #HandmadeHero, though no one really uses it currently. As it is just as easy to use the twitch chat through irc.
Kasper Sauramo
19 posts
IRC Channel?
The freenode one was there for a few one-off discussions. #HandmadeHero @ Ircnet is the "official unofficial" channel. There's a few of us idling there, not much action but good discussion every now and then. Using the twitch channel as the irc client is more popular though.
19 posts
IRC Channel?
You can just use the twitch chat via most IRC clients as described here:

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1302780-twitch-irc
Tod Hansmann
10 posts
Just a guy
IRC Channel?
I mentioned this on the twitch channel (apparently people are on there all day?), but if anyone wants general chat, I have run a small community for a decade or so (quality over quantity) that has a channel, and it's on a real IRC network as opposed to twitch's bastardized thing. We can answer questions about a lot of topics as we have a lot of expertise (like a gentleman writing an open K implementation). Feel free if you want, it's not official or anything.

irc.esper.net/#todandlorna
José De Gouveia
4 posts
IRC Channel?
I think the Twitch IRC is the way to go