Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
Brad B
7 posts
Visual C++ Old School
Edited by Brad B on
I am enjoying this series that Casey has done. Takes me back to the old days. I haven't programmed for a while since my business had me doing other things but now I have the time to start again. I am finding however that not much has changed.C++ is as futsy as it ever was. Part of the appeal I guess. It's a pain sometimes because of it's demands but the fact that you can "wrench' on it forever if you want makes it ideal for creating things. I am stuck at Day 15 with an IO file problem. I spent yesterday in VS and in the dos shell trying to resolve it myself. I had it narrowed down to preprocessor issues but stopped there. This morning I searched the forum and found the answer. Thanks rooc. Looks like I wasn't the only one that couldn't compile Day 15. I'm way behind everyone with no hopes of catching up but still having fun doing the code from the beginning.
Ginger Bill
222 posts / 3 projects
I am ginger thus have no soul.
Visual C++ Old School
Wow that really is old school! The oldest version I would go would have been VC6 but VC1.52 is some real dedication! Good luck!
Brad B
7 posts
Visual C++ Old School
I'm using Visual Studio 2015 for the project. Just had this old version in the archives.