Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
44 posts
emacs msvc ask for cpp file location
Hi there! I'm in a hold after episode 40something and I've started to code by myself all the stuff we did more or less using just msdn so that I can check what my actual undestanding is....
I'm using the same environment as in the show(emacs + msvc by build.bat), everything is working fine but when I got compile errors and I jump to the line the compiler ask me for the cpp file location and I'm not sure how to solve this... it's really annoying..

The new project is just a new folder with the same structure, like the one I use to follow the show, I modified the build.bat and created a new cpp file other than that it builds ok.

Any ideas?
cheers
Mārtiņš Možeiko
2562 posts / 2 projects
How are filenames displayed in error messages? Do they have absolute paths or relative? Casey is passing /FC flag for compiler to make it produce absolute path in error message. Are you doing the same?
44 posts
Thanks mmozeiko!! You are right, I needed to add the /FC compiler flag, I deleted lots of them since I was starting from scratch, anyway now it is working fine, I just get a strange message like: "x:\whatever\something.cpp and x:\whatever\something.cpp are the same file" but just the first line, then it goes away...
Not that this is important, but there's a way to get rid of that?