Handmade Hero»Forums»Code
kai
4 posts
so who is playing around with vulkan here?
couple of notes about myself:

1) I'm still a beginner in computer graphics (my favorite part in game development) and i used opengl to a relatively small extent but I'm still taking the dive into vulkan :whistle:

2) I'm extremely interested in game engines, in fact i took the opportunity of having a graduation project this year as a legal excuse to make an engine without anyone bothering me about studying :P

3) me and my engine are heavily influenced by handmade hero and the code style and concepts that casey is teaching us

reasons i'm jumping into vulkan:

1) new technology (i easily get excited about these stuff)

2) isn't "Vulkan" a cool name? (what, cool names are legitimately valid reasons)

3) from what i read in the vulkan specs that, it's pretty much extremely low level and leaves everything up to the developer to manage (yea, exactly my cup of tea)

4) some other feelings that can't be put into words but it sums up in "I WANT TO LEARN THIS THING!!!"

yesterday i began implementing vulkan using both the specs and the samples that comes with the SDK, and i have to say, fixing errors without google is really fun :silly:

so who is here playing around with vulkan like me :lol:
Buzz
5 posts
so who is playing around with vulkan here?
I'm toying with Vulkan code here and there, but I'm actually spending a considerable amount of time reading through the Vulkan spec. It is surprisingly well organized and explains parts of Vulkan quite well. I don't recommend this path to everyone, but I am particularly interested in the technical specifics. I also need to be able to explain/teach it very well to others I'll be working with on particular game projects.