I am following along with day 105, and at this point my code is just a horrific mess. So there is definitely something I'm doing wrongly. However, when I turn on the O2 flag the program crashes and removing the flag makes it work. This is happening right after I merge the alignments into the loaded_bitmaps.
When I try to step through the code with the flag on I see that the code that adds the alignments to the bitmaps is not getting stepped into, so I believe the compiler has done something there. This scares me since so far I was thinking that I can write and check that my code works in deoptimized mode and it is guaranteed to work in the same way in optimized mode.
I have recorded a video showing the thing Im talking about:
I also zipped my code folder if someone wants to look at it, but I understand that it may be asking too much for someone to debug the code for me 😅. I'm just attaching it in case someone is curious about how I could have broken the code so badly lol