Handmade Hero»Forums»Game
Jae Howard
2 posts
What is the game design?
I've done some light reading of the forum and the website and I understand the design is final and it's some sort of 2D walkaround with complex combinatorial RPG like mechanics and the design is final, but is there some place I'm missing that has the design fleshed out in totality?

Is it something that's still being worked out or just hasn't been written out in a presentable format and only exists in the designers head? (GDDs are a pain to write)

Going off of what I've said it could be a dungeon crawler, adventure story, or survival game like survival kids (had to combine items to use as tools and traverse dungeons, non-linear structure, and had over 7 endings). Very curious on what exactly it'll be but I suppose that's just an evolving aspect of the stream+forum that we get another glimpse and hash it out here.

Apologies if I missed a link or post that would've explained all of this.
Casey Muratori
801 posts / 1 project
Casey Muratori is a programmer at Molly Rocket on the game 1935 and is the host of the educational programming series Handmade Hero.
What is the game design?
I haven't put out the game design publicly, and probably won't. It will continue to be a surprise, in some sense, as I implement new parts of it :) But I will always be clear about my intentions as they relate to programming, so if I'm going to do something for a design-based reason, I will talk about that part of the design at that time.

- Casey
Jae Howard
2 posts
What is the game design?
Thanks I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something, also thanks for taking on such a gigantic and informative project.