I was thinking I might do a "Intro to C Programming (on Windows)" thing. I am not sure if it should be a written series or a video series. I don't want to do both but either would be fine.
Another problem with doing something like this is that getting start with C on windows is difficult. I would have teach everything from scratch.
I will have to teach numerous things before I even started writing a line of C and along side too:
- Text Editor (I will probably use Sublime as it is what I use and the learning curve is pretty low compared Emacs/Vi(m))
- Command Line
- What a parser/compiler/linker/etc is
- Installing a compiler (MSVC most likely)
- Using a debugger for visualizing the data (actual bytes in memory) and actually debugging (probably not a while though)
- How computers actually work
- Briefly skip over assembly and explain the importance of C
I was also thinking of making little projects for the new skills that they have learnt such as basic games and (useful) tools. Kind of like homework but not exactly.
Does anyone have any advice on this idea of mine and would it be a useful thing? Are there any tutorials that already go into this much about low(ish)-programming and computers?