I've been thinking about Casey's illustrations, and I believe they are an invaluable additional to the series. For a visual learner like me, I can honestly say I probably have gotten twice the value from the series compared to if it was just verbal and text/code explanations.

This also got me thinking about ways to save the illustrations in ways other than just watching the video archives, and one of my favorites was to suggest using Microsoft OneNote. I know Microsoft products don't always get the best rep (and usually for good reason), but here are a few reasons I think it would be something to consider:
  1. It's free
  2. Infinite scrolling (both so Casey doesn't have to keep deleting/repainting when he runs out of space, and all the day's work can be on a single "page")
  3. Since each day can be saved as a new page, it's very easy to find what you're looking for
  4. The entire notebook can simply be added to the zip download, so anyone who pre-orders can have access

Now, of course something to consider is would these illustrations even be useful after the fact? I know someone is providing more polished weekly illustrations that I find very helpful. The question is whether having access to each day's quick-n-dirty stuff would add anything. It's obvious Casey is, for the most part, just trying to get his thoughts down as quickly as possible and not putting an inordinate amount of effort into cleanliness/legibility. Also I don't know how the cursor feels compared to Krita, so it may be a nuisance that I certainly don't want to impose. I just figured I would offer this suggestion and see if anyone else agrees? If so great, and if not keep up the great work -- I'll continue watching regardless.