i joined HMH (pre order) a few days ago.... coming from android/libgdx... going a step further...
i have one problem: it seems like there are no textures displayed in my builds..what i have done:
- i tried various code-bases,
- i copied the assets in "data" (test, test2, test3, intro_art.hha, test.out)
- i packed the textures (after i built test_asset_builder.exe), evrything looks good
compiling works whithout errors, but there are no textures and if i take day-242 i only see a black-fullscreen
would be great if someone could point me in the right direction!?
I don't know for sure, but it is probably very uncommon not to specify that flag... I have never made anything with OpenGL that didn't specify that flag. The only reason we aren't specifying it at the moment is because of the streaming issue. So I do wonder if there are (lots of?) drivers out there that don't cope well without that flag being specified?
If it is before day 324 then this can sometimes happen because of driver issues with multiple GL contexts. It was happening also on stream multiple times. Just closing & running application again helps.
Otherwise you probably are in wrong directory? How are you running exe from data folder?
Hmm, not sure what can be wrong...
Could you try doing following things?
1) Put a breakpoint in AllocateGameAssets function after call to GetAllFilesOfTypeBegin and check that it finds multiple hha files (FileGroup.FileCount is > 1)
2) Put a breakpoint in LoadAssetWorkDirectly function on FinalizeAsset_Bitmap case and check for multiple bitmaps that Bitmap structure is loaded and has reasonable values for width and height members.